Mediagraphy - Discography - Trackography - Videography - Gigography - Biography - Chronology

11 January 2012

Ray Charles, B.B. King & The Superband Live In Dresden (1990)

On 30 October 1990 the Superband entourage (cf. this post) landed in Dresden. That day's concert at the Kulturpalast was broadcast live by Radio Saxen (and, simultaneously, was put through by Radio Dresden).
A 2-CD bootleg (of mediocre quality) with the complete concert has survived.

The setlist (with a few obvious corrections) was:
  1. Don't Get Around Much Anymore (Superband)
  2. Dear Blues (Superband)
  3. A Child Is Born (Superband)
  4. Lover (Superband)
  5. Love Came To Town (B.B. King)
  6. I've Got A Mind To Give Up Living (B.B. King)
  7. Please Send Me Someone To Love (B.B. King)
  8. Since I Met You Baby (B.B. King)
  9. You Gotta Be Crazy Baby (B.B. King)
  10. Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do (B.B. King)
  11. Sweet Sixteen (B.B. King)
  12. The Thrill Is Gone (B.B. King)
  13. Let's All Get Together (B.B. King)
  14. Airmail Special (Superband)
  15. Centrepiece (Superband)
  16. Battle Royal (Superband)
  17. Let The Good Times Roll (Ray Charles)
  18. Busted  (Ray Charles)
  19. Georgia On My Mind (Ray Charles)
  20. Mississippi Mud (Ray Charles)
  21. Just For A Thrill (Ray Charles)
  22. Teardrops From My Eyes (Ray Charles)
  23. Ellie, My Love (Ray Charles)
  24. I Feel So Bad (Ray Charles)
  25. I Can't Stop Loving You (Ray Charles)
  26. [Blues Jam] (It's Time For Me To Close The Show / Bye Bye) (Ray Charles and B.B. King)
  27. Outro

1 comment :

  1. I am proud to say "I was there!"
    Paul Birke

    ReplyDelete